Saturday, February 13, 2010

That's not "Fair"

Okay so you know all of those crazy things your parents said when you were young and swore you would never say to your kids? Well I am way past that I have had kids long enough that I have probably exhausted the list of things I thought I would never say to my kids. Many of these things are very familiar and you hear them all the time. Things such as "if you don't stop crying i will give you something to cry about" (which i do not say) or "don't make me pull this car over", or how about "clean up this pig sty" "close the door. were you born in a barn" you get it..
So one of those things I didn't necessarily vow to never say, but rather I just thought it was kind of dumb whenever my mom would say is....... kids says "that's not fair" and mom says "no the Fair is in August" ha ha really funny huh? Yeah I didn't think so. Well I do say this sometimes even though I still think it is kind of dumb. I think that it is like saying to your kid you are being ridiculous of course it is not fair. Life isn't fair. Anyone who lives past one year should be able to realize this.
So tonight our whole family went to Pizza Hut. There was this family sitting behind us and one of the kids said something wasn't fair and her Aunt said "I thought the fair was in August. Didn't we go to the fair together in August?" Well I heard it and Adam said to me "Did you just hear that?" right when I was like hmm someone else actually says this to kids. I immediately thought how weird it was to hear someone else say this and I also thought "I like this person they must have a level head on their shoulders." Hee hee

No comments: